I woke up yesterday to find I’d been given yet another blog award. Absolutely made my day.
Seeing as it’s customary with the Beautiful Blogger award to thank the giver, spout five “interesting and beautiful” things about one’s self, and give the award to five other blogs, I’m going to do just that.
Liam is a truly great blogger. His advice tends to be quite helpful. And he adores The Walking Dead, which makes him cool in my book. Go check out his blog.
Coming up with five beautiful and interesting things about myself was a bit of a challenge. I had to ask some friends and my fiancé. So here’s a few things you might not know about me:
1. I am an empath. No, really! I can, quite literally, feel the emotions of people in close physical proximity. The closer I am to a person on an emotional level, the greater the distance I can feel them without them saying a word. This tends to cause trouble for me in crowded places, particularly when emotions are running high. No, I don’t care if you believe it’s possible.
2. I am quite the geek. I adore technology, games, role playing, etc. I can fix and build my own computers. I’m told this makes me rather attractive to some.
3. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). It’s a whole body endocrine (hormone) disorder which causes pain, infertility, and other problems in as many as one in every five women. When I can afford to do so, I plan to donate a percentage of my (future) writing income to a PCOS research fund which advocates holistic treatment.
4. I am told I “ooze sex.” Apparently, there is something inherently sensual in my bearing which is impossible to ignore. Of late, I don’t see this side of myself often, but it seems I can’t turn it off.
5. Paige Nolley is not my real name, though Nolley is an ancestral surname. It’s pronounced ‘Molly’ but with an N and means “one who lives on or near the hill.” I use a pseudonym because I can’t seem to write freely with the thought that my prudish family might one day read what I’ve written and know I wrote it. As Paige Nolley, I can be myself and write anything.
The blogs I bequeath the Beautiful Blogger award to are:
(in no particular order)
1. Dianne Gray – because she has a lovely way about her and I enjoy her posts and comments.
2. Vera Silver – because she is awesome and sharing clever, interesting fiction chapter by chapter.
3. Kristina Pui – because I am constantly inspired by the young Kiwi’s journey through her first novel.
4. Johannes Punkt’s Repetisserie – because zombies, good advice, and world-building make me smile.
5. D.R. Bartlett’s Nerdy Words – because, really, who doesn’t love a nerd with words?
And that’s that, I suppose. Go check out the Beautiful Bloggers I listed. They’re great.