Wow! Two Liebster Awards in as many days! Glad I decided to procrastinate making this post yesterday.
Since I didn’t know the rules, I did some research. It seems there aren’t any set rules to the Liebster game, and it’s really more like a chain letter that makes people happy instead of annoyed. Here’s the most common procedure I found.
Upon receiving a Liebster, one should:
1. Thank and link back to the giver.
2. Answer the giver’s questions.
3. ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
5. Post it all on one’s blog!
I think I’ll play along.
I was quite excited, when I woke up yesterday, to find that I’d been given this award by MythRider. Thank you, dear. It made my sickly day.
I was doubly excited, and more than a little humbled (feeling a but better too), when I received yet another from Kristina Pui! You’re lovely. Thank you.
Needless to say, I was glad I procrastinated yesterday so I could make one giant post about my little pair of Liebsters. I am humbled to have been nominated twice.
Eleven Questions from MythRider!
1. What is your favorite breakfast?
I’m not terribly picky. I require protein upon waking. Eggs and some sort of meat (bacon or ground sausage) are my favorite. Maybe with some fruit and spinach.
2. Who is your favorite author?
Well that’s just not fair! I couldn’t possibly choose just one. The sad truth is I have far too many favorites to list.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Scotland. Particularly, northwest Scotland where my clan hails from.
4. Who would you go with?
My fiancé. So I could show him how highlanders do things and just how much I’m giving up marrying a lowland Baird.
5. How would you get there?
In a perfect world? We’d sail there in our very own ship.
6. Where are you willing to walk barefoot?
Indoors, on my porch, and on grass. Concrete is acceptable provided there are no pebbles. I have delicate feet.
7. What is your most memorable birthday? Why?
My 20th birthday. It’s the only one where I was surrounded by lots of friends and didn’t wind up crying over something silly.
8. Sunset or sunrise? Why?
Sunrise. I have a need to know today is actually going to happen. And I live the stillness of early morning.
9. Would you jump out of a plane? Why or why not?
Yes. Because the plane is on fire, about to explode, has just crashed into a body if water, or about to crash into a mountain… And I have a parachute.
10. I’ve cream, cake, or pie?
11. Would you rather play an instrument, dance, go to a concert, or listen to music in the quiet of your home?
At this exact moment? Listen to music at home. Ask me again in five minutes. I’ll have changed my mind by then.
Three Questions from Kristina Pui!
1. If you could go back to any one day in history and change one thing that happened that day, what day would it be and what would you change?
I would go back to the day the first monotheistic religion was formed and squash it out of existence. It seems religion wasn’t used as an excuse to kill people until it became ‘one god.’
2. Where do you see yourself in the next ten years and is it where you want to be?
I see myself living in the Alaskan bush on a big plot of land writing novels, raising animals and children, and caring for a large, organic greenhouse.
3. What is the biggest thing that inspires you to write and continue to do so when time gets hard and writer’s block attempts to lay waste to even the best laid plot line?
The intense desire to find out what happens to my characters next keeps me plodding along most days. If I’m blocked, I mostly let it ride. It tends to mean my story needs time to stew a bit… Or I’m not writing a very good story.
My Nominees (in no particular order):
I’m not going to go into detail about my nominees. I picked them because I like them and you might too. The end.
2. Fay Moore
6. (Because Amanda’s not really a blogger… And I can.) Elijah Cain
Five Questions From Me to my Nominees!
1. If you could resurrect a deceased author to pick their brain over lunch, who would it be and why?
2. If you were famous to the extent of JK Rowling, Stephen King, or Nora Roberts, would you embrace that fame or hide away? Why?
3. What is your biggest inspiration as a writer?
4. If you could have one super-power, what would it be and why?
5. What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do on your own?
And that’s it! Go forth, yon nominees, and make some nominations of your own!